Jan 24, 2008

Trades are made on... a Hot Stove?

The 'Hot Stove' has long been on of the baseball terms I just don't get. It seems awfully redundant-- of course if the stove is on, it's going to be hot. And WTF does a stove have to do with trades in baseball?

A lot, apparently.

The so called 'Hot Stove' has been relatively luke-warm for us Twins fans of late. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm definitely tired of hearing how the Yanks-Sox-Mets are going to score Johan. We've got less than 30 days until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training, lets wrap this up fast.

Ideally, of course, we keep Johan. Which, since I don't see us getting exactly what we want for him, I think might happen. Really, it's a win-win for us-- if it's played right. To put it simply, we have what every one wants in Johan. It's annoying though, living literally in the center of Red Sox Nation and having to deal with the 'ZOMG, WE'RE GONNA GET JOHAN!!!!!11one'.

Hell no you're not, not unless you give me Tacoby Bellsbury AND Jon Lester AND whoever the hell else we want.

...and they don't even need him, anyway!

With the loss of Matt Garza-- who was so studly-- and Carlos Silva, we need pitching as much as we need a center fielder. Which is badly. Right now, all we have for starting pitching for sure is Scotty and Kevin Slowey.

I refuse to even think of Boof as anything but last-choice-relief right now.

Needless to say, this situation pains me.

No comments: