Feb 23, 2008

Brownie Points, and a loltwin

I would really like to say that as the days pass, I am becoming a huge fan of Delmon Young.

I get the distinct impression that Carl Crawford (who I have a decidedly negative impression of) wants to throw down (little does he know not to mess with Minnesota), and Delmon is doing a spectacular job of brushing the whole thing off with dignity and professionalism.
"I'm not worried about anyone else's comments," Young said. "They've got their own stuff in [Rays camp] and we've got our own stuff down here. All I can worry about is these 25 guys and the front office over here."
Carl didn't like that much, and responded (partly) with this:
"...And second of all, I have no problem with coming directly to his face and telling him whatever it is he needs to know. Nobody’s waiting till he leaves. Nobody cares about him leaving. For him to say we want to act like Toby Hall and leave, nobody’s doing that. Trust me. Me personally? Tell him this is a direct statement from me; I will come say it directly to his face. If he wants to know, if he is not sure about anything, I’ll say it directly to his face. I’d be more than happy to say it to his face. Make sure he gets that.'’
The fact that Delmon just smiled and shook his head at this makes me proud. For a player who everyone says still needs to mature, I think he is doing a very good job of showing us he is trying very hard to be the grown-up, professional player we're expecting.

Delmon, you get massive Brownie Points for this.

Also, Gardy gets points for his comment about the Indians signing Jason Tyner (who I miss almost as much as Johan and Torii): "They must've been one home run shy of their quota."

Here's hoping that Jason knocks another out of the park this year.

And also, a loltwin.



I made fun of Joe(s) for long enough, it was time to cover another J. Kubes should probably be next.

No comments: