Mar 18, 2008

The best thing ever to come out of Minnesota...

It's spring break and although the first part of it kinda (really) failed... my ability to travel to Florida does not seem to exist for certain reasons that will remain unnamed. Therefore, I was sadly unable to join my partner in crime until Sunday in Boston... where strangely enough it was colder than St. Paul...

Earlier today our wanderings brought us to none other than Fenway. We then entered the Red Sox team store... it was overwhelming. I was scared. Imagine the Twins team store in Roseville and multiply it by at least 15... it was huge, I thought I was going to get lost. There was stuff everywhere, you could find any kind of shirt, pants, shorts, any type of clothing with Red Sox written all over it. It was pretty much any Red Sox fan's heaven... It made L and I realize that this is what the Twins need and we're totally willing to work at this new Twins superstore (because the people that worked at the Red Sox one were bitchy and we don't want the Twins store to be the same way).

L and I did buy Red Sox shirts--this does not effect our Twins loyalty, L just has a big thing for Ellsbury and Coco is my best friend. I believe the conversation went something like this....

L: What shirt are you going to get?
Me: COCO! (no hesitation what so ever)

I would have loved if that man came and played for the Twins, not only does he have an amazing name but he's a damn good center fielder too... I hope he finds himself a new home where he can play everyday.

In other news... Joe Mauer is God this spring hitting .458! WHOLE LOTTA! The best thing to come out of Minnesota? Joe Mauer (and the Mighty Duck trilogy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be so willing to work at a Twins warehouse store. That would be sweet...a Costco sized store with nothing but Twins gear.
--Tricia--