Mar 26, 2008

Hi-Lights Is A Killer...?

I have marked in my datebook with red pen the day I will be at my first Twins game of the '08 season. And what do you know, they're playing the Red Sox. I'm counting down the days.

Seriously.

Nothing much to report here, but I would like to point out this blog post by Phil Miller-- it made my day.

All
of it.

I am unbelievably pumped for this new Twins ad with the pitching staff. I love (most of) our pitching staff. Our pubs department is just raw genius. I always show people here the ads from last year, and I remember my boss was so sad that the Sox didn't do cool ads.

Twins 1, 2007 World Series Champs 0.

My favorite part of that blog was the blurb about Adam Everett's new nickname. The Punto-Redmond Think Tank. Seriously? I love it.

Lammers' response to Phil's question about Everett having a nickname with the Astro's was classy too.

So did Everett have a nickname with the Astros? “Yeah,” Lamb told us. “I think it was ‘Adam.’ "

Lammers is a winner. I love him more and more as the days go by. Carlos Gomez, too. Really, all these new guys are growing on me-- even if we don't know how they feel about Chipotle.

Justin Morneau, by the way, is such a 15 year-old boy (this won't make sense if you don't read the Miller blog linked above).

...If 15 year-old boys won MVP titles and everything...

1 comment:

RK said...

Part of me hopes Lamb is dyslexic. Then we'll call him lamb of dog, and give us a break, we were raised Catholic.