Mar 15, 2008

Of All The Things I Love... [Twins 11, Philies 2]

I really love when we decide to win.

First the Pirates yesterday, now an amazing 11-2 win over the Philies. I am so down with another win streak. I was a little worried after the Yankees killed it (and on my birthday, no less)...but no longer.

I was at the game yesterday, it was a lot of fun. There were a lot of Pirates fans around me, but that was okay. Also, no one cheered for Mike Lamb when I was at the game...so I did. Real loud. I love Lammers. And today he deserved it. Today, it seems like everyone deserves a good long cheer.

Kevin Slowey had five strike outs, one walk, one run, and two hits over four innings.

Glen Perkins and the rest of our pen gave up a combine one run.

Carlos Gomez went 3 for 4. He hit a two run homer and stole 2nd twice. [GIVE THIS KID THE JOB, PLEASE!]

Little Nicky finally got some more hits-- two. One of which was a two run triple. Triples are hot, Nicky, and two run triples are even hotter. He stole 2nd, too. Then made it to 3rd on a wild pitch.

The B.O.D. is a hard choice today. But, I think I'm going to give it to Nicky. It's about time he started hitting the ball again...

So, congrats on a Pre-Season B.O.D., Nick.

Let's see more of this.




















I'm back to Boston in the morning, so I'll have more Spring Training pictures up in the next few days. Look forward to some non-blurry shots of Boof Lite, LNP, and pretty much the rest of the team.

Oh-- I've also given Adam Everett a nickname. 'Hi-Lights'.

See the previous post for an explanation.

Also...I love this video of the boys reading the haiku's that were written about them. Really, I can't pick a favorite. Boof probably takes the cake, Joe and Justin are both adorably hilarious, TK is a winner, and Kevin looks so serious...awwww.

No comments: