Apr 30, 2008

Ur Doin it RIGHT [Twins 3, Axis of Evil 1]

So, this is slightly overdue, but I think that's alright. I had my last day of actual classes today (complete with two exams and a 10 page paper), and now there is only one final standing between me and a plane back to good ol' Minnesota. Let me tell you, I am excited. Not, however, for the snow that seems to keep falling there...

On last nights game, I couldn't have been more pleased. At first I was really sad that Bert was not there for me in my time of need, but Ron Coomer was cracking me up, making fun of Bert, and, well, Coomer. He and Dick were pretty funny together-- I'm pretty sure at one point, Dick said the words "tricked out".

I think my favorite part, however, was when Coomer made comments about Nick Swisher's facial hair-- which has just gotten weirder...and the roasting of AJ was also pretty enjoyable.

Moneypenny: AJ = sucker. Thats tonights theme.

Joe's triple and now 11-game hit streak is pretty hot, I won't lie. I just wish Justin would catch up... he seemed pretty confused when Kubes hit the homerun he should have, and when Boof sprinted off the mound to make the out at first. I think Justin's a bit disgruntled...but disgruntled Justin is pretty hot. Last night he inspired the name of a beer that I am (apparently) going to be brewing in my room: 'Smoldering Canadian'.

We finally gave Skinny Boof run support, and the smile on his face last night when Telly Hughes interviewed him was the most adorable thing ever. It finally got Moneypenny to admit that she too finds Boof adorable...

L: BOOOOOOOOOF
Moneypenny: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF
L: awwww he adorable!

Moneypenny: he is...

L: AHAH! YOU ADMIT IT
!
L: I LOVE IT!
Moneypenny: FRICK
Moneypenny: i did...

I was also a fan of AJ's inability to throw people out...and his wild throws when he tried. Delmon's throw from left field was also amazing, and quite possibly worth an honorable B.O.D. mention, but really, I've got to give it to Boof.

His 104:73 Strike:Ball ratio was, and is, hot.

Congrats, Boof.


















On a different note, I some how managed to score tickets to the Red Sox game tonight.

Go figure.

A wonderful way to end the last day of classes, I think. I'm hoping tonight game is more exciting than last night's game, and that I can get some cool pictures. Whether you like the Red Sox or not, a trip to Fenway is definitely a must for any baseball fan. The atmosphere of the park is just amazing. And really, there's not a bad seat in the entire park (unless you're behind one of the upper deck supports...which I was once, but if I moved my head a little bit I was fine).

5 comments:

Miss. Moneypenny said...

Ok, so I am all about Boof Lite. I think I've come to terms with it... but if he decides to revert back to old Boof, I will recant this statement.

Anonymous said...

Pshh Yeah OK "Boof Lite." He's still the worst pitcher in the Central division. Also the "Axis of Evil" why is that? Because we have a real team? Yeah that's what i thought can't wait to watch baseball through October this year can't you? Oh wait...

Elle said...

Ok...really? If you're a White Sox fan, what are you doing on a Twins blog? Is it just to rip us? Because that's pretty pathetic.

And Boof is the worst?

Remember that one game, where Danks lasted, what, through the first inning?

If you don't want to read some minor White Sox bashing, stop reading this blog.

linda said...

People that come on other blogs just to be rude........morons that can't play nice. Sad. Go home.

Miss. Moneypenny said...

I second that.