May 28, 2008

This Game Caused The Creation of A New Word [Twins 4, Landed Gentry 3]

Words cannot describe how I feel about this game.

It was crazy. It was ridiculous. It was completely unnecessary.

It was... cradiculoussary.

From Cuddy's foul ball that may have been fair (a call that I still have YET to make my mind up on), to the in the park homer, to Gogo's ridiculous fall-down at the plate, to Joe Nathan's blown save... I don't even know where to begin.

So let's start with the bad.

Joe Nathan's blown save and in the park homerun. Now this is not entirely Joe's fault...personally, I think the majority of the blame goes to Delmon Young. He needed to keep the ball in FRONT of him. Not back in the corner BEHIND him.

The look on Nick Blackburn's face when his shut-out got thrown out... it made me tear up (almost like the hug that Kevin Slowey gave him after he came into the dugout in the 9th). Words can't really describe how upset I was.

The bullpenm after that awful few minutes, was relatively solid, Joe struck the rest of the men he faced out, and with a few minor mishaps...we did alright.

Now the good.

Cuddy is clutch again.

Enough. Said.

Gogo drew another walk. I like patience at the plate.

Alexi Casilla successfully took out the Royals' 2nd baseman Esteban German in a spectacular slide.

And Finally... Nick Blackburn. Buddy, you may not officially get the shut out, but in our book here at OMGS, you most definitely did. Hands down, you get the B.O.D.

You'll get 'em next time, Blackie.

Also... Bert was cracking me up tonight.

"I've got a big toe with no toe nail, you wanna see it?"

Poor Dick.

1 comment:

RK said...

1. Ball was *so* fair, even the Royals announcers copped to that
2. Delmon's fault 100%
3. Blackburn probably shouldn't have been pulled, but that's why Gardy gets paid to make the tough decisions
4. Holy crap I miss Bert during away games
5. You are funny; I enjoy new words