Jul 4, 2008

Punto is a Super Hero [Twins 7, Tigers 0]

Ok, so this is a little late but in my defense I've been fighting off a nasty case of jet lag. I got back from my trip on the 1st and less than 24 hours later I was at the dome, if that isn't team spirit I don't know what is. I was sadden by the fact that I had missed a 10 game win streak but that was erased when I watched us totally beat down the Tigers. It was amazing. My hat is off to the Twins for the awesome welcome home.

It was without a doubt the afternoon of Nicks. Nick Blackburn continues to amaze me, pitching 7 shut-out innings and only allowing 3 hits. But it was truly Nick Punto's day (I'm mean expect for that little base running error...). The man went 2 for 3 with an RBI and a walk, which makes me start to wonder if Punto from yesteryear is back. And not only was it a great day for him at the plate but also defensively he still rocks. Gotta love diving catches. The man is a super hero... seriously, he can fly. Keep up the good work LNP.

In other news, I was quite freaked out when I turned on the game Monday night and saw Denard Span... that's just not cool. Cuddy's return better happen fast.

No comments: