Feb 4, 2008

Ads Trump Championships

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate Moneypenny on her first blog post.

It WAS about damn time.

Secondly, I would like to congratulate the NY Giants on their Super Bowl title. I don't even like football and I got into the game yesterday. Living in Boston, Pats fan are everywhere-- they sell shirts outside Fenway that say 'Peyton Manning Sucks', and even ones that just say 'Eli Sucks Too'-- and I was glad to see the Giants ruin their perfect season. The Pats are cheaters. And I don't like cheaters.

Plus, I think Eli Manning is adorable.

It was an intense game, with a lot of complexity to it...well, as much complexity that football can have, any ways.

I liked when they would show Peyton Manning up in one of the booths-- he'd get so excited for his little bro. I am looking forward to more ads with the Manning brothers. One of my all-time favorite is Peyton's Mastercard ad... Rub some dirt in it!

Speaking of ads, the official Twins site has a new ad out for the '08 campaign. Let me be the first one to say our marketing team is brilliant. I love the Twins ads. The ad with Joe and Johan driving to the Dome last year was one of the best. I've shown them to people out here, and they all tell me they wish the Sox had cool ads.

World Series rings? Psht. We have cool ads.

With the Super Bowl out of the way now, the countdown to baseball season begins (unless, of course, you're a hockey fan...or basketball...) The Twins pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in T-minus 12 days.

Finally.

No comments: