Mar 7, 2008

Split Squad Domination [A-Twins 7, BoSox 2 and B-Twins 4, Toronto 0]

And people say we're going to suck this season.

First off, I did not listen to the entire game. I heard the first few innings of the BoSox game (Clay Bucholz fails-- how do you hit someone on the first pitch?! ...and bad job, Sideshow. They may be Red Sox, but that doesn't mean you have to hit them) and was so glad that Franchise pitched like he hadn't been on a year long break. I mean, sure he wasn't in top form-- but I'd say, for your first start in a year, two hits, one walk, and no runs after Tommy John surgery is pretty good.

The back-to-back home runs courtesy of Canada and Craig Monroe were nice, too. Nick Blackburn also gets a high-five for a stellar performance. I'm also falling in love with Lammers-- which is Gardy's new nick-name for Mike Lamb. Gardy is so hard NOT to love.

Glen Perkins and Phil Humber were also pretty soild versus Toronto. Carlos Gomez decided to stop being a nub-cake and got two hits, didn't lose any balls, and stole another base.

Since the games were split squad today, I'm going to go ahead and just give the B.O.D. to Franchise. C'mon, he's earned it. He gets to be a loltwin now, too. Congrats, Frankie.























(Scottie, I love you, I promise...)

Tomorrow morning I pack it up and head to Florida to see my grandparents... and two see two Spring Training games! I don't know the internet situation down there, but expect pictures and a joyful update of the beauty of Fort Meyers and the Twins. Moneypenny will be joining me on Thursday, so if you see two girls at Hammond Stadium wearing shirts that say 'SIDESHOW' on the back... just shout 'LOLTWINS' or something.

Here's hoping for some awesome Spring baseball.

No comments: