Apr 2, 2008

The Night of Nicks [Twins 0, Angels 1]

Well, even though I didn't see most of the game, and even though we lost (on an unearned run, too!), I still think some B.O.D. honors need to be given out.

And quite obviously, those honors go to Nick Blackburn.














What. A. Stud.

I had my doubts about him being in the rotation, but I think it's safe to say he earned his spot. And he most definitely earned B.O.D. Six strike outs in your first Major League start?

Hot.

The other Nick that needs addressing is Nick Punto. When I found out he was in the line-up I sent Moneypenny a very excited text message (and then dubbed tonight 'The Night of Nicks'), and I have to say, I'm proud of him. I didn't see his hit, but I saw his flying in the 9th. I'm glad he's still got his superpowers.

I'm really sad that MLB TV doesn't let me watch the post game...I wanted to see them interview Torii and then to watch Bert makes plays in the field wearing dress pants... I was told Torii said that playing the Twins in front of people he loves is the hardest thing he's ever done, and that Nick Blackburn is "going to be something special".

It's hard for us, too, Torii. We (well, most of us) still love you, and appreciate everything you did for us while you were here. I was happy for you when you got your first hit tonight (and even happier nothing became of it) and I wish you the best of luck in Anaheim...except when you play the Twins, of course.

8 comments:

Miss. Moneypenny said...

What a stud.

Elle said...

Seriously.

Karlee said...

Ahhh yes the night of the Nicks.

He's a studly stud.
Get it.
Ha.

I didn't want to put it in my blog, but opening day when they showed video of torii and announced his name and stuff. I cried. That ass made me cry.

huff.

Elle said...

He made me cry, too...but even still, I can't say he's an ass. I mean, HE cried...

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

My night is made when Coon-dog and Bert reenact plays during the post-game show. Nothing like seeing Bert jog (in dress pants) to first base and then try to give serious advice to the kids helping out on the field.

Elle said...

I made Moneypenny Tivo that for me. Bert is the best, he really just wins all around.

"I liked last nights game better."

Amen, Bert.

Karlee said...

I say ass out of my own bitterness.
I'll always love the Hunter.
I'm going to miss hearing my friends spazz out calling me every time he comes into PF Changs, which was like, twice a week. haha.

linda said...

Good to see people (mostly) felt the same way I did about Torii. I will miss my "Sweetcheeks." Good thing he was here the first game and have that out of the way. I've decided Bert will have to be my boyfriend now since he has been so silly.