May 31, 2008

Damn Yankees... And I Don't Mean the Musical

So, L and I decided that we needed to go to the game tonight to cheer on our boys because we've been slacking in that department... and who can really pass up on a chance to mock the Yankees. After a dinner of Jimmy Johns it was off to the Dome for, what turned out to be, some of the best play by play commentary EVER. The tone of night was set when L realized that I was wearing my Joe Mauer shirt and she was wearing her Justin Morneau shirt (honestly, we didn't plan it), we were pretty much bad asses in them.

We when got to our seats and looked down at the field one thing became very apparent...

WHY DO JETER AND A-ROD NEED TO WEAR SUCH TIGHT PANTS?!?!?

It's really not a good look. Honestly I was surprised that when they bent over they didn't rip their pants. No one needs to wear pants like that, no one. I don't care how many times you've been named MVP or how many golden gloves you have on your mantle, its just not necessary.

During the bottom of the 1st inning another question came up...

WHO IS THAT PRETENDING TO BE ALEXI CASILLA AND WHAT DID THEY DO WITH THE REAL ALEXI CASILLA?!?!?

I really don't know what to say about him, other then that I'm seriously impressed with how he's played both offensively and defensively. He's channeling 2006 season Nicky Punto... I love it. Hats off to you Alexi Casilla, way to earn your keep.

On a side note, I started writing this blog after the game on Friday night... but I guess this applies to the game last night as well. L and I are going to the game today, so expect more play by play commentary later tonight on how stud-ly the Stud is. Although, to get the tickets I have to babysit after the game... so maybe expect a blog tomorrow.

No comments: