Jun 2, 2008

No Laughing Matter [Twins 5, Yanks 1]

As I sit and watch the pre-game for tonight's game, I realize I forgot to write a blog for yesterday's game.

My Saturday morning started out normally enough, I slept till 10-ish, when I was woken up by the ringing of my phone. Moneypenny had somehow scored tickets the days game-- in the 5th row to the right of home plate.

Obviously, the answer to "Do you want to go?" was yes.

As we drove to the dome and parked at our favorite lot, ridiculously excited about our amazing seats, it came to our attention that the parking attendant there knows us (due to a dysfunctional drivers side door). We were greeted with a "Welcome back", which I found a little bit hilarious.

Walking down the steps to our seats, counting the rows, was amazing. I had never been so close before. We could see everything.

Including Nick Blackburn's line drive to the face.

In my one moment of seriousness, I joke about taking line drives to the face a lot...

But after seeing Nick fall down onto the mound and flop down like he was dead, I will refrain from making such jokes. For a good few seconds, I really thought he wasn't getting up. If there is anything that could have ruined baseball for me, it would be Nick Blackburn dying on the mound.

I was pretty mad at Bobby Abreu, but after seeing his face on the TV replay, he looked like he felt pretty bad. I feel like he might have gone up to the mound to make sure all was well, but was too afraid that Justin would deck him...which I would have supported at the time.

Aside from that scary moment, we could see Gogo's swearing, Joe's twitching, and, after Justin's triple-with-an-error that I still refer to as an inside the park homerun, Alexi Casilla fanning him in the dugout.

On that note, Alexi Casilla is growing on me. I still wonder what happened to the Casilla of yesteryear, but I won't dwell on it.

I will upload my pictures from said game later tonight (I actually have Justin's swing from his not-technically inside the park homerun), where I will then reflect upon tonights game...which isn't going so well right now.

1 comment:

linda said...

Fun hearing about your good seats and everything you could see from them.
Has anyone else had a hard time posting on Twin's sister site?