May 23, 2008

Mi scuzi, mi scuzi...

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of blogging lately, but since I've had my 2-ish weeks of freedom and I'm now devoting the rest of my summer to research expect more... because let's face it, I'll take any excuse to stop studying. For example, I'm actually writing this from my school's library because a person can only take so much ancient Roman history.

Ok, back to the Twins...

WTF GUYS?!?!?! Did we decide now to only win a game a series now? Did I miss the memo? Remember when we were leading the division for, like, a week? I do! Those were good times. To sum up my current frustrations with the Twins, I've made up a list of "what's up with..." statements.

  1. What's up with us being swept by Toronto? And even more so, what's up with the fact that the Blue Jays only have ONE person from Canada on the team? I feel like Matt Stairs might be really lonely. Who is going to sing the Canadian national anthem beyond the first "Oh Canada" line or add "eh?" at the ends of sentences with him? Shouldn't there be a rule that the team must have at least more than one person from the country on the team? I mean, I understand the fact that hockey is where it's at in the land to the north, but I'm sure other hockey players, like our very own MVP, have traded in their skates for cleats.
  2. What's up with us only winning one game against Colorado? THEY SUCK THIS YEAR! This October will most certainly not be Rocktober. They're were/still are 10 games out of first and it seems like every other person is on the DL there... and we still manage to lose...
  3. What's up with us getting lead off extra base hits and then not doing anything with them? Who thought that was a good idea? Not me. Remember when batters used to bunt JUST to move runners over? It seems like a distant magical memory.
  4. What's up with this statement: "Bats completely haunted by Ponson"... WTF. That sentence makes no logical sense to me... I don't even think it was in English, in fact, I'm certain its not. "Ponson threw his first complete game in more than three years, holding the Twins to just one run on six hits as Minnesota fell to Texas, 10-1, on Wednesday night at the Metrodome." I just threw up in my month...
  5. What's up with everyone going on the DL... COME ON GUYS! Punto needs to hurry up and fix his hamstring because we need him. When Gardy tells Cuddy that he might need to play shortstop, you know things are bad. I'll I know is that I miss mini-Canada, the kid was growing on me.
Let's just stop this. I'm willing to forget everything since the Red Sox series if you guys are. Here's hoping that the Tigers are still sleeping weekend.

No comments: