Jun 20, 2008

Big Unit and a Big Inning [Twins 7, D-Backs 2]

It's been tough goings while my partner in crime is in Croatia, digging for ancient things. No one quite understands my love of the Twins like Moneypenny...but she found a tomb, so props to her.

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night, and I think my favorites parts were when Gogo ran onto the field and tripped then barrel rolled, got up laughing and kept going, and then that miraculous 6 run third inning. Really. That's all high quality entertainment right there. Priceless even.

Scotty had me pretty twitchy for most of the game, but he held his own with only one earned run. Brian Bass, too. I always feel like he gets handed really bad situations...usually courtesy of Boof. And I suppose the twitches Scotty caused me weren't all his fault...I still have NO idea where that home plate ump's strike zone was. My dad and I were very confused as we tried to call the balls and strikes. Imagine how poor Scotty felt.

I also noticed that the D-Backs are sort of the team of little brothers...there's only two of them, but still. I think Stephen Drew is a lot more adorable than JD...he just always looks angry to me. And on a side note regarding the Diamond Backs...I think Randy Johnson should grow a full-out mullet again. I feel like that would make him even MORE intimidating. And it would be funny.

B.O.D. is a tough one. I'm tempted to give it to C. Mo because he hit a homerun when I called for one. Then Gogo for barrel rolling on the field and running really fast around the bases and doing some crazy slides. But I think I'm going to give it to Scotty for his 7 strike outs and only 1 earned run. Good work, Scotty. You knew.























With the White Sox losing to the Cubs (I wonder why Ozzie hasn't started swearing again), this win puts us only 3.5 games out of first. It's almost like that one really bad stretch (like those games against said Sox) didn't happen.

I am completely okay with that.

Also, I would like yo congratulate Cuddy on the birth of his son, Casey. Now he can take his own kid to Chuck E. Cheese's instead of borrowing Red Dogs.

No comments: