Jul 22, 2008

Bombed in the Bronx

Well that was painful... 12 to 4. The first game that I could actually sit down and watch in its entirety since before the All-Star break, and that's what I get...

Whenever I think of Sidney Ponson, I don't think of the opposing team getting the crap kicked out of them. I tend to think of the opposite. Where the hell was this guy last season when he pitched for us???? The man had a ERA of 7 when he was in a Twins uniform and no team wanted him after we let him go. What happened to that guy? The guy that made Boof look skinny and good. That brings me to a whole other topic... why do we let Boof pitch? Has any good come from it? No. Is masochism the new trend? Apparently so.

To explain today's terrible loss, L and I have come up with a theory that goes like this...

Moneypenny: Maybe the Twins all went to Central Park or something and saw the cast of Gossip Girl filming a scene and remembered how heartbroken they were after the season finale... I bet thats why Gogo went 0 for 5, he was still in shock of how big a bitch Chuck was. That explains everything...

L:...I BET THEY DID! LNP MUST HAVE BEEN IN TEARS! AND JOE MAUER, UNABLE TO FORM WORDS WHILE JUSTIN STOOD STOIC BESIDE HIM.

Moneypenny: My guess is when Dan broke up with Serena, Joe started to cry and Justin came up and gave him a big hug saying, "it's ok, let it out." While LNP just looked off into the distance wondering why Lilly married Bart. That's how exactly went down.

L: It is. I bet Gogo and Casilla were confused and went to download the first season in Spanish.

It is obvious that they're minds just weren't focused on the game today. And understandably so, no on was ready for that season finale. But I hope after a good nights rest all will be forgotten and Slowey will pitch a shutout to make up for the first game (at least that's my hope).

On the bright side, the White Sox lost as well tonight thanks to Texas (never ever thought I would say that). That still leaves us a half game behind.

1 comment:

S.Rail said...

"L: It is. I bet Gogo and Casilla were confused and went to download the first season in Spanish."

HAHAHA!

And Thank God for Texas beating Chicago. We need to keep that 1/2 back position until we are in first place.