Mar 6, 2008

Once More, We Triumph Over Evil [Twins 7, NYY 5]

I loved today's game. The announcer's weren't as pro-Yankee as I expected-- one admitted to being a Red Sox fan, and apparently went past Steinbrenner with Sox apparel on. I thought that was a good one. My roommate is also a Yankee fan. It was nice to go to dinner and tell her "Haha, we owned you!".

Delmon Young continues to impress me, and I'm starting to find him slightly adorable. And Garrett Jones, who I have always found adorable, and something like a dark haired Justin Morneau, really impressed me. That two run homer was beautiful. Not so beautiful, however, was Joba Chamberlain nailing Matt Tolbert in the ANKLE. THE ANKLE! I winced when I saw that. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found the timing of the hit-by-pitch sketchy-- Gardy went out and gave that young boy a look.

I think Joba is adorable in his own right, even if he is a Yankee (I mean, his name is Joba...like Joba the Hutt...who isn't lovable at all, but any ways...), but I think he might have some anger issues... I remember last year when the Yanks were here at Fenway and he threw two balls past Kevin Youkilis's ear. Kevin Youkilis, by the way, looks like a convict. No offense, or anything.

Needless to say, Joba was ejected. All these close calls and hits don't sit well with me, especially when they are against our nice boys...I guess I would like to say I'm glad Joba is a Yankee. We don't hit people in the ankle, or throw balls past their ears.

That being said, B.O.D. honors go out to Garrett Jones for his two run homer. He gets to be a loltwin now, too.

No comments: