Apr 16, 2008

Chicka Chicka Yeah Is Right [Twins 6, Rays 5]

Obviously my McLovin inspired loltwin of Joe Nathan made him want to win. Which is good, because the rest of us wanted to win, too.

I loved every minute of this game (I mean come on, they let Nicky play!), but I have to say, my favorite part was in the 8th inning when Carl Crawford slid into foul territory and caught the ball that allowed Delmon to score.

Take that, Crawford.

I think Dick and Bert referred to it as a "mental error".

The replay from last year that they showed of Crawford trying to get a triple and forcing the man held up at third out and causing a double play was also amusing. Really, he seems like such a cocky guy. So I laughed at him.

It was nice to see that Jason Bartlett is still the same old Jason Bartlett, throwing away balls and what not. Only now it's in our favor, so I guess that works out pretty nicely. I hope he and the Twins all go get Chipotle now. He can bring his new BFF, Akinori Iwamura. I'm sure it will be good times.

Joe Nathan was amazing as ever. I'm loving his 0.00 ERA. A lot. And since I already love Joe Nathan (a lot), it just makes it even better. He did this great little chuckle when Jason stole 2nd on him and sort of shook his head. I loved it.

The B.O.D. for today is a tough decision. For me it falls between two players: GoGomez and Joe Mauer.

Joe went 3-for-4, scored 2 runs, and also threw 2 men out at second.

GoGo went 2-for-4 with 2 stolen bases.

I admit I'm partial to GoGo, mostly because I think he's adorable and he's helping me with stolen bases in my fantasy league. Brendan Harris, my favorite republican, was also considered for getting Dlmon into scoring position in the 8th... but I think I'm going to have to give it to Joe. I love when people get thrown out trying to steal, and batting .500 in a game is pretty hot.

So, Joe Mauer, you get to be B.O.D. today, your first of the 2008 season.

1 comment:

RK said...

Love the loltwin.

I've been batting around the idea of lambda, but seeing as how I don't know anything about

1. Science
2. Greek

I'm not sure where to go with that. Something will click, you just can't force it