Apr 14, 2008

"Lets let the Wild win tonight guys!"

So... tonights game... yeah.... not a lot to say.

My theory-- I think the RedDog-LNP think-tank came up with the idea that hey, only one Minnesota team should really win tonight. So the Twins, in their respect for the Wild (mostly fueled by Justin's Canadian-ness) lost tonight in hopes that the Wild will win. I don't know if this is true or not but it's what myself, and L, are going with.

Also, I think both L and I want to confess something... we might have slightly transfered the Suck from the Tigers to the Twins... only slightly though. It was all Pudge's fault, I mean, if you're going to have that nickname expect to get made fun of...
L: If Jim Leeland yelled at me, I'd cry.
Moneypenny: Me too.
L: lol "and he just let 'em have it after the game" I just picture like the team sitting around and looking really dejected
Moneypenny: Pudge probably cried.
L: He so did.

L: Pudge will comfort him. I picture Pudge like a shorter, fatter version of Mike Redmond.
Moneypenny: lol yeah pretty much.

L: Why is Ivan Rodriguez's nickname 'Pudge'?
L's Dad: Because he's a little wub.
L: Burnnnnn!!!!
Moneypenny: NICE! I like that explanation!
Really the question is... WHO HAS THE NICKNAME PUDGE?!?!?! WHY?!?!? His name doesn't even have a P in it...

These comments were followed by a solo homerun and a two run triple... frick! Also in our running commentary tonight were a few comments about Clete "Who Has A Redneck Name" Thomas and how Bobby Seay needs to stay away from Little Nicky Punto because he might eat him. These were not proud moments looking back (as I'm sure L would agree with me)...but let's be serious, they were true comments... Honestly it's not like we're lying.

On a side note, L and I are both obsessed with Magglio Ordonez's hair. Holy crap that hair is silky smooth, HOW DOES HE DO IT?!?! And as L pointed out--the man must be the envy of the clubhouse. I think I might need to know what conditioner he uses. When the Tigers come to the Dome I'll be sure to ask him.

So our comments were not completely negative. And I'll be the first to admit that I didn't care when that first run score, it did break a 25 scoreless inning streak for them and I felt bad. But... THE TWINS WOKE UP THE TIGERS!!!! I hope all the other teams in the league don't hate us.

3 comments:

Elle said...

I am so jealous of Magglio's hair.

And freakin' Pudge.

Miss. Moneypenny said...

Theory = proven

Yet another winning idea from the RedDog-LNP thinktank.

RK said...

With the Wild in the playoffs, the Twins can't win. Surely this is as a result of the "be good but not that good" mentality.

That's why the 1998 and 2001 Vikings had to atone for the 1987 and 1991 Twins victories; evens things out so nobody thinks we're a-showin' off.