Apr 10, 2008

Pay Back Is A Bitch [Twins 12, ChiSox 5]

Words fail me at how awesome the AL Central was tonight (minus the White Sox, obviously).

The Tigers finally got a win. I'm hoping they won't be so angry when they face us now that the finally have a nice 7-2 victory under their belt. My room mate and I went to dinner at the Unos in Kenmore square tonight (generally not the best idea when there is a game) and I wore my Papelbon shirt (because I ran out of Twins shirts...clearly it is time to do laundry) and I saw some Detroit fans. Two of them were seated next to us, actually. I wanted to reach out and offer some AL Central support, but as I was in a Red Sox shirt, they might've thought I was mocking them.

The Royals continue to take the AL by storm. Beating the Yankees 4-0. I love it. That's pretty much all I can say.

And finally...the Twins. I would personally like to request many more steam rollings of the White Sox. I was slightly disappointed at the beginning of the night because I had to watch the White Sox broadcast. They are slightly racist. I did not like it. They were talking about Gogo and how he is the "tallest Gomez" around.

Moneypenny and I had a running commentary of the game, and our reaction to that went like this:

Moneypenny: oh my god
Moneypenny: can they say that?
L: i don't think so
L: i hope he steals on them
Moneypenny: i hope he steals HOME on them

Seriously. They sort of redeemed themselves later by saying that Bert deserves to be and WILL be in the Hall of Fame... Gogo also showed them how much of a bad ass he is by flying around in center field and making amazing catches.

I also really enjoyed the 2.1 innings that Danks pitched. I won't lie, I took a lot of pleasure out of those awful rather brutal innings. Not that it got much better for the ChiSox...

Aside from some rather lame homeruns tonight, Scotty appeared to know what he was doing. He was nice enough to get me 7 strike outs for my fantasy team. Good work, Scotty. He had some good moves too.

Like when he threw out Juan Uribe:

L: take that-- you just got thrown out by a 12 year old

Moneypenny also made an interesting observation about Scotty...

Moneypenny: Scotty has really long legs and a short upper body

It's true. I'd never noticed it before, I was too distracted by him looking like a 12 year old boy. As the game went on though, I got significantly weirded out.

Not, however, as weirded out as I am by whatever the heck Nick Swisher has on his face...

L: WTF IS ON HIS FACE
Moneypenny: I KNOW
Moneypenny: nastyness?
L: pretty much
Moneypenny: hes so ugly
Moneypenny: he doesn't look right
L: i know
Moneypenny: there is something really odd about him
L: i know
L: i just dont get it.
Moneypenny: me either

Even towards the later innings, we still had no idea what was on his face.

Moneypenny: WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!
L: I DONT KNOW
L: WHY IS IT BLONDE
Moneypenny: DOES HE THINK THATS COOL?!?!?!
L: something died on his face

After much consideration, however, we finally figured out why exactly Scotty gave up a homerun to Swisher (the others we really have no explanation for)...

L: i think scotty gave up the HR
L: because he was too distracted by whatever died on swishers face
Moneypenny: lol YEAH!!
Moneypenny: that was it

And of course, the most epic part of the game was Kubes' Grand Slam. Beautiful.

Moneypenny: KUBES!!!!!!!
L: BASES LOADED
L: KUBES
L: LETS GO
L: this is what
L: the 3rd time the bases have been loaded?
Moneypenny: i think so
L: maybe 4th?
L: thats what i think
Moneypenny: yeah me too
Moneypenny: KUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAY BACK IS A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L: GRAND SLAMMMMMM!

Moneypenny and I have a special place in our hearts for Kubes. We met him when we met LNP, and he was really shy. It was adorable.

In case no one could figure it out, Kubes is B.O.D. today. You can't get much hotter than a Grand Slam.























Also...I'm really sad that Lammers got hurt tonight....he's sorta like my infield boyfriend...

Lets hope we repeat this all tomorrow. But maybe with a bigger run deficit...

3 comments:

Miss. Moneypenny said...

I love our running commentary. Once you're home and we're watching games together, we might need to get a tape recorder or something so we can continue our amazing commentary without forgetting anything. Because, lets face it, our thoughts are with out a doubt the best thing ever.

Elle said...

Pretty much yeah.

Anonymous said...

I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when the White Sox get their butts kicked. My hat is off to Kansas City for getting off to such a great start!
**Becca**
aka Twins Sisters